Look what we are finding!
11/11/15 10/9/15 9/26/15 9/04/15 8/09/15 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/26/15 7/15/15
Click on the Picture to read about it
See Our Previous Banner Finds
Don't forget to check out our main page at http://www.mwas.org

Author Topic: Some of my best buttons  (Read 721 times)

Offline Tintype

• MWAS Club Member
    • RobertSzabo.Com
Some of my best buttons
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:38:02 PM »
These were found in Virginia in the 90s. I had permission to hunt a large confederate camp that was being developed.  Its amazing what will come out of a hunted out camp when the bulldozers and road graders come in.  One day I was at the site and for a break decided to give an area where there were huts a try that the dozers hadn't gotten to yet. This area had been pounded time and again so I was pretty excited when I got a good but very faint signal with my Fisher 1266 right next to a large hut hole. When I got to it at 15 inches it was the Maryland button in the picture. Im positive on the depth. i marked it on my entrenching tool and measured it later.  Everything in this picture came from that site south of Fredericksburg except the North Carolina and the Civilian Guilted button. The NC came from Antietam and the Civilian button came from Spotsylvania. The CS tongue was recovered near Brandy Station. As you can see the sandy soil of Spotsylvania County VA is very kind to brass.

From left to right: Top Row - Virginia, Maryland, Pre CW Navy, Georgia, US Staff Coat  Bottom Row - One piece Pre CW Civilian Coat, 2 piece CS Block I, North Carolina, US Cav (C) Cuff, CS Block I

10409-0
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:45:33 PM by Tintype »
Bob Szabo
Weston. MO

Bob K

Re: Some of my best buttons
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
That's a real nice collection

Offline DIGGER27

• MWAS Club Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:38 AM »
Great stuff!

I have found only one and that was by accident but it is mine.
F70/Mojave/F2/Compadre/Judge 2...2017 finds...Clad, 11 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter and two V nickels!

Reality continues to ruin my life!

Offline Roger ramjet

• MWAS Club Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:37:25 AM »
         yourock   Yahoo!!  Beautiful and amazing collection... I wonder how you got permission in that area...I'll be headed to Fredericksburg this summer.. Hope we can touch base Bob...Thanks for sharing...          :hats:

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]