Look what we are finding!
11/11/15 10/9/15 9/26/15 9/04/15 8/09/15 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/26/15 7/15/15
Click on the Picture to read about it
See Our Previous Banner Finds
Don't forget to check out our main page at http://www.mwas.org

Author Topic: First Gold Ring  (Read 1636 times)

49er

First Gold Ring
« on: February 29, 2008, 11:01:33 PM »
Last year while heading back home to Washington state, we stopped off in Pismo Beach for a few days to enjoy the surf, clam chowder and ocean breeze after spending six months in Arizona. One day we took the dogs down to the beach (their first experience with the ocean and sandy beach which was a sight to see..LOL) and I took notice on where people where playing volley ball and frisbee. The next morning I headed down to the beach with my detector in tow. After about an hour of detecting and finding some clad coins I received a faint sound, when I rechecked the spot from the opposite directions, the signal was a little stronger and showing 'gold' on my detector. As I dug with my scoop (did not have a sand scoop, how I do) and using my probe out popped a gold ring with what I believed where four diamond chips. I quickly popped it into my container and continued detecting. When I returned home to view my find, I found it was marked 14K on the inside, was I stoked. My next stop was a local jewelry store, where the owner checked the diamonds with a spectrometer and determined they where not diamonds. Wanting a second opinion, I waited until we reached our second destination further up the California coast and found another jeweler who conformed the first jewelers finding. Oh well, I found my first gold ring and that is all that matters.
You can bet your bottom dollar I will be heading back to Pismo Beach this spring with my detector and new sand scoop looking for more goodies.

49er

Offline Don

• Administrator
Re: First Gold Ring
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »
Congratulations!  I find rings quite often but Gold rings are few and far between (I think I have only found 4 Gold in 12 years).

Way to Go!

Offline Hugh

• MWAS Club Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »
I have only found one gold ring and no diamonds.  I know one day I will find one but with the price of silver going up, a silver ring is a good find.  I have found a number of silver rings, even found one yesterday. Hugh

Warriori2i

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 12:59:51 PM »
YO 49'er.........
  Where in wash. st. are ya ...
  I'm north of Everett ,,at Camano Island ..
   8)

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]