11/11/15 10/9/15 9/26/15 9/04/15 8/09/15 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/26/15 7/15/15
Click on the Picture to read about it
See Our Previous Banner Finds
Don't forget to check out our main page at http://www.mwas.org

Author Topic: Gold  (Read 2918 times)

Mick

Gold
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:07:44 PM »
Didn't know where to put this for sure but just wanted to share a pic of the Gold my Wife and I found while out in CA. and AZ. a year ago. Most was found by drywashing and then panning out the concentrates but a few of the small nuggets were found with my MXT.

OkieDigger

Re: Gold
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:22:02 PM »
You're making my collection of dust look bad! LOL Awesome job Mick. I love gold panning and sluicing myself. I try to do it once a year up in Colorado or New Mexico. Here's a pic.

Offline Don

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
looks like a lot of fun to me.  Thanks for sharring.

Offline Johnny Ringo

• I Smell....I Smell...hmm..SILVER!!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
Mick, well done on the gold! I have never tried that but I will someday.
One question....what is that picture that is beneath your gold finds.....hmmmmm...looks incriminating!! :scyth: 
Memories made one plug at a time!!!

Bob K

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:34:19 PM »
  Mick    VERY NICE.  was those 2 vials just one trip or several ?  For the
            rest of the club members it's quiet a relaxation. "labor of love" &
            can become very much a HABIT.  Okiedigger we go out to the
            Cripple creek & Granite area.

let there be gold in your pan

Bob K

Offline Hugh

• MWAS Club Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »
Great finds.  Several years ago I took my MXt to Colorado and had no luck.  Plan to try again this June.  Hugh

Offline Don

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »
Johnny doesn't miss much!

Mick

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »
We did all our gold hunting out in the desert so used a drywasher which is just like sluicing except with air and dry dirt.  You look like your having fun in that pic Okie. We had a great time and still miss it.

Bob, that is about two ounces in the pic and took us about two months to get it ! So a fellow isn't going to get rich at it . Plus it is a lot of work !!!!  But loved every minute of it !!!!

Johnny, I had to look back at it for myself,,,,that's a poster from Saloon #10 in Deadwood SD. Where old Wild Bill got shot with his Aces and Eights ! Yes the rest of her looks better. ;)

OkieDigger

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 04:53:12 PM »
Bob, I've been to Cripple Creek, but never panning. I'm usually around the Salida area and north up towards Leadville. I've been thinking about trying some new spots as the gold there is mostly flour or very small flakes.

OkieDigger

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
We did all our gold hunting out in the desert so used a drywasher which is just like sluicing except with air and dry dirt.  You look like your having fun in that pic Okie. We had a great time and still miss it.

Bob, that is about two ounces in the pic and took us about two months to get it ! So a fellow isn't going to get rich at it . Plus it is a lot of work !!!!  But loved every minute of it !!!!

Johnny, I had to look back at it for myself,,,,that's a poster from Saloon #10 in Deadwood SD. Where old Wild Bill got shot with his Aces and Eights ! Yes the rest of her looks better. ;)

It is fun even if you don't get rich. Just like metal detecting. I've always wanted to go out to Arizona and try the desert. I've heard it's pretty dusty work. BTW, I'm the guy squatting over, but I had a smile on my face too. The guy standing is a fellow I work with, but he's gotten out of the metal detecting and gold adventures to focus on his ranch and woman.  ;D

Offline Johnny Ringo

• I Smell....I Smell...hmm..SILVER!!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 06:25:41 PM »
It is fun even if you don't get rich. Just like metal detecting. I've always wanted to go out to Arizona and try the desert. I've heard it's pretty dusty work. BTW, I'm the guy squatting over, but I had a smile on my face too. The guy standing is a fellow I work with, but he's gotten out of the metal detecting and gold adventures to focus on his ranch and woman.  ;D
Poor guy!
Memories made one plug at a time!!!

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]