Look what we are finding!
11/11/15 10/9/15 9/26/15 9/04/15 8/09/15 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/26/15 7/15/15
Click on the Picture to read about it
See Our Previous Banner Finds
Don't forget to check out our main page at http://www.mwas.org

Author Topic: Inhereted Coins  (Read 843 times)

Junker

Inhereted Coins
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:23:25 AM »
A friend of mine has inhereted a quantity of coins. He doesn't know anything about them other than they are old. He would like to find someone to check them out to see if he needs to insure any of them or to just keep them for his children. Can anybody help with this? He lives in Overland Park so he would like to find someone local. The coins have never been graded and are loose in bags.

Thanks

Junker

Offline Johnny Ringo

• I Smell....I Smell...hmm..SILVER!!
Re: Inhereted Coins
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »
I've helped sell off peoples collections before, but it sounds like he plans on keeping it. I know there are a few collectors that know there stuff in this club, but it will also take some time and effort for someone to look at everything. Maybe with the hollidays over, someone will chime in if they have the time to help out.         Johnny
Memories made one plug at a time!!!

kccj76

Re: Inhereted Coins
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
I am far from local ( about 30 miles north of the river in Holt), but I would take a look at them if your friend doesn't come up with anyone here soon.  Sounds like he wants to keep them, but even so, a word of advice.  Unless you know the person, I would NOT use a dealer or an individual that is in the market to buy coins. Their information may be a little one-sided.   I am neither one.  Also, be prepared for a time consuming process.  Hope all works out for him. 

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]