Look what we are finding!
11/11/15 10/9/15 9/26/15 9/04/15 8/09/15 07/29/15 07/29/15 07/26/15 7/15/15
Click on the Picture to read about it
See Our Previous Banner Finds
Don't forget to check out our main page at http://www.mwas.org

Author Topic: Another Grain Valley member  (Read 716 times)

Rudy

Another Grain Valley member
« on: February 20, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »
I am an avid metal detector enthusiast. I have been using metal detectors since the late 1960s when my dad and I had gotten our metal detectors in Texas. I used a metal detector called the Koin King and my dad used a much cheaper one from the same company called the Tiny Tex. They were both from Bill Mahan's company in Garland, Texas. I actually have 2 Tiny Tex detectors in my possession that still work great today. Amazing!
I am always wanting to go for a dig anytime that I am allowed and I have been taught to respect the ground you dig on, otherwise, you will ruin opportunities for others and yourself.  Don't make holes in the ground without covering them up, collect trash as you find it and put it in a bag to dispose of it in the trash. Always try to get permission in writing if you can. If anyone close to Grain Valley is up for a hunt, just message me and I will try to get with you.
I am starting to become frustrated by the fact that many places that I used to hunt are no longer an opportunity. Jackson County Parks and Recreation currently charges $25.00 for a pass to allow you to hunt with certain restrictions. Blue Springs Mo has made it to where you are not allowed to use a metal detector in any of their parks currently.

Offline Roger

• MWAS Club Member
  • Shawnee, Kansas
Re: Another Grain Valley member
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
Welcome Rudy !
We get up to Grain Valley every once in awhile.
We had a club hunt in Grain Valley about 4 years ago where the old amusement park was near the Brass Armadillo Mall, and we worked with the Grain Valley P.D about 2 years ago on a case near Whiskey Tangos.
Had a club hunt at a old 1800's farm there about 5 or 6 years ago but cant remember the exact location  :)
Sounds like you have a lot of experience.  We have a pretty good active club.  Were are not to far from you so you might want to join up.  It's fun !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:09:13 PM by Roger »
"I may not be your best friend Wyatt, but I will be there when you need me" ~Doc Holliday

Bob K

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 07:47:03 PM »
 wlcm  to the forum and your welcome to come to a meeting.

Offline Inksmyth

• MWAS Club Member
  • I can dig it!
    • Body Art Inc. Tattoo Studio
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:23:22 PM »
Welcome Rudy!
Come to a meeting sometime.
Whites Spectra V3I,
Whites DFX,
Whites Eagle Spectrum.

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]